Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vacation...Day 5..OMG!!

This post has the potential to be long, so you've been forewarned! Today...oh, today! Was. A. Great. Day! I had my day at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa and what a day it was! My day started at noon where I was escorted up to the women's changed room to change into a plush bathrobe and slippers and then it was off to the relaxation room to wait for my first technician to come and get me.

Everything was so serene with beautiful neutral colors, soft candlelight, and ethereal music. So I sat down for maybe a minute and then Stephanie came to get my for my hot stone massage. Having only had Swedish massages before, I was a bit nervous about what a hot stone would entail. My nerves were almost immediately put to rest with the first stone. It was WONDERFUL! It was so relaxing! They oil you up first and then glide hot stones all over with just a bit of gentle pressure. It was extremely relaxing! I'll never go back to Swedish massages again!

Next, I had a "spa" lunch consisting of a turkey sandwich, homemade potato chips and a wedge of soft, crusty bread. I spent the half hour before my facial in the relaxation room, catching up on the world's gossip. Cheryl came to get me then for my facial. Oh what a facial! It was a happy marriage of pleasure and pain. The enzyme peel was extremely uncomfortable but it was followed by the most amazing facial, shoulder, neck massage! It was so freaking good, I was afraid to breathe or swallow for fear of missing out on a sensation. Amazing!

My next appointment was for a shampoo and blow dry. She did a wonderful job and put a little wave in my hair since I was having a special "date" night with Al. Then came my manicure and pedicure which were...you know...your typical mani and pedi. Next was a quick make-up touchup by someone who definitely could have used a few lessons of her own! Anywho, by the end of the day, I felt supremely relaxed and very excited for my date with Al.

After Al came home from the gym and showered, we headed out to Hemmenways, one of the BEST seafood restuarants in the city. Unfortunately, it started to rain, so my "wave" didn't last long. It didn't matter because all I cared about was that I got to spend a lovely dinner with my baby! We enjoyed a leisurely, long dinner dragging out the appetizers and the entrees so we could spend as much time together as possible. Then we walked back to the hotel to enjoy drinks and desert at the restaurant.

All in all it was very relaxing, much needed quality time for the hubby and I!

On tap tomorrow: our last day on "vacation!"

No comments: