If I've been out of touch with family and friends lately, it's because all I've been doing is working and sleeping! Even on the nights that I don't work, I'm ready for bed by 7:00! How sad am I? How old am I? Ugh....
Anywho, one of the girls at work had a baby and is out on maternity leave and we've all been working overtime to begin with to cover her shifts, but we have been slammed with labor the past two weeks. Not only labor, but sick babies too. So we've all been doing a lot of over-over time. It's all good though. I feel much more productive when I'm busy and with the house in the near future, the extra money is great! And I truly love what I do and the people I work with (most of them). My floor is actually going out together next Friday for a "girls night out!" Dinner and then we are going to see the Vagina Monologues! It just fits the theme of our floor! Plus one of our obstetricians is acting in it. Can't wait to hear what she has to say!
On another note, it's tax time! I never used to hate tax time until I got married! Damn that joint filing! Not to mention Al and I have NO deductions so we are paying out the ass in taxes before and after! I was going to do them myself this year, but I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere (or I pray to GOD that I did) because we owe a LOT more than I was expecting. A LOT. So we made an appointment with a professional who will hopefully give us some good news.
We decided not to adopt Simon. Well, actually it was a decision that was made for us. By Tessie. Little Miss Attitude. Simon came to visit us on Sunday and was loving all up on Al and I and snuggling with us and it must have gone up Tessie's ass sideways because when I went to go to bed that night, it was to find that she peed on it. Thank God we sleep on so many comforters because it didn't get to the mattress. But it kind of put an end to letting Simon in the house. I guess he came by this morning and was crying at the door and Al wouldn't (couldn't) let him in. He felt really bad. :-(
I digress...I'm going to bed!
Anywho, one of the girls at work had a baby and is out on maternity leave and we've all been working overtime to begin with to cover her shifts, but we have been slammed with labor the past two weeks. Not only labor, but sick babies too. So we've all been doing a lot of over-over time. It's all good though. I feel much more productive when I'm busy and with the house in the near future, the extra money is great! And I truly love what I do and the people I work with (most of them). My floor is actually going out together next Friday for a "girls night out!" Dinner and then we are going to see the Vagina Monologues! It just fits the theme of our floor! Plus one of our obstetricians is acting in it. Can't wait to hear what she has to say!
On another note, it's tax time! I never used to hate tax time until I got married! Damn that joint filing! Not to mention Al and I have NO deductions so we are paying out the ass in taxes before and after! I was going to do them myself this year, but I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere (or I pray to GOD that I did) because we owe a LOT more than I was expecting. A LOT. So we made an appointment with a professional who will hopefully give us some good news.
We decided not to adopt Simon. Well, actually it was a decision that was made for us. By Tessie. Little Miss Attitude. Simon came to visit us on Sunday and was loving all up on Al and I and snuggling with us and it must have gone up Tessie's ass sideways because when I went to go to bed that night, it was to find that she peed on it. Thank God we sleep on so many comforters because it didn't get to the mattress. But it kind of put an end to letting Simon in the house. I guess he came by this morning and was crying at the door and Al wouldn't (couldn't) let him in. He felt really bad. :-(
I digress...I'm going to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment