Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Updates...

I got a little behind with my posts, I've just been sleeping so much between work and stuff. So some updates! We did not end up taking Simon to get neutered because he never showed up. He must have heard me talking about chopping his manhood off and split because we didn't see him for almost 5 days after that. But he still comes around and he loves it in our house. He'll walk around and he's jumped up onto the couch and made himself quite comfortable. Of course it always breaks my heart when I have to send him back out into the cold, but I just can't have him marking his territory here. Although he really hasn't shown any signs of doing so.

Jen and Steve are doing great with Julia! She is so beautiful
and sleeps allllll the time. Or when I go to visit anyway! Joan and Al met her for the first time on Sunday and now of course the pressure is on us big time to "get going!"

Congrats to Brandi and Andrew who have bought their first home together!! Yay, what an exciting feeling! It's an adorable (from the pictures anyway) end unit condo with a great deck outside! Can't wait for the housewarming!

Which leads me to another round of congratulations to our friend's Alan and Lisa who will be expecting their second child in September!!! Second out of four or five according to Alan! Do you guys realize how much pressure you are putting on us? haha! We are so happy for you!

Our big issue is that we don't want to have our first baby until we have our house which will hopefully be by the end of this year! Without saying too much about it (because I am uber superstitious about everything and don't want to make a big deal out of it and then have everything fall through the cracks) but we did pick out a house we want to build and we did hire contractors and we've got our little snowball rolling. Once we have the banks approval (and their money) then I will post more freely about it. But for now, here is a rendering of what it

looks like:
Pohlman Place House Plan
Some things will be different, but this is it. I know I've shown a lot of people a lot of different house plans over the last year saying "this is the house we've decided on" but this one is truly it. We also decided we are going to stick build. We were so limited to what we could build with modular and the pricing really wasn't that comparable anymore, so we decided to do this instead. Our contractor is a very very good friend of mine and we met with them last Saturday and we were both very impressed. I'm actually purchasing the house plans today! How excited am I??? I will keep everyone updated on the progress, but it's going to be a couple of months until we break ground.

No comments: