Well, it's day 1 of my "vacation." We checked into the Biltmore last night to a lovely kitchenette suite. When I say kitchenette, I mean it has a fridge and a microwave, but that will at least allow us to make our own breakfasts and lunches. We then headed over to Dave and Buster's and had a yummy meal, Al of course showing me up by ordering a salad while I ordered Alfredo! Diet what? :-P We were going to see a movie, then decided to go get a glass of wine at Flemmings and then on the way over collectively decided we were both too tired and just wanted to go back to the room. Hint 1 that I am definitely aging: I'm ready to call it a night by 7pm!
This morning I was up at 6:00 which seems to be the norm for me lately, which also sucks! We walked over to Dunkin Donuts together and I walked him to work then headed back to the hotel. I rounded off my morning with a trip to Stop and Shop to buy the essentials and the post office and then came back to the hotel. Al called me and we went to lunch at Cilantros. I went over to the mall after dropping him back off at work and picked up tickets to see The Dark Knight at the IMAX for tomorrow night for us. Since I was already there and had nothing on my agenda, I went and saw Confessions of a Shopaholic. Ladies, sooooo much better than the book!
Then I went to AE and bought some cute undies. Hint 2 that I'm getting older: I'm buying panties that actually cover my ass and finding them quite comfortable. I never thought I'd give up thongs in place of boy shorts! :-P Our plans for the evening include the gym (shocker), dinner (either Uno's or room service) and House and 24! Quite exciting. We'll see if I make it til the very end of 24. That bed is sooooooo comfy! On tap for tomorrow: I'm getting my hair done! Yay!
This morning I was up at 6:00 which seems to be the norm for me lately, which also sucks! We walked over to Dunkin Donuts together and I walked him to work then headed back to the hotel. I rounded off my morning with a trip to Stop and Shop to buy the essentials and the post office and then came back to the hotel. Al called me and we went to lunch at Cilantros. I went over to the mall after dropping him back off at work and picked up tickets to see The Dark Knight at the IMAX for tomorrow night for us. Since I was already there and had nothing on my agenda, I went and saw Confessions of a Shopaholic. Ladies, sooooo much better than the book!
Then I went to AE and bought some cute undies. Hint 2 that I'm getting older: I'm buying panties that actually cover my ass and finding them quite comfortable. I never thought I'd give up thongs in place of boy shorts! :-P Our plans for the evening include the gym (shocker), dinner (either Uno's or room service) and House and 24! Quite exciting. We'll see if I make it til the very end of 24. That bed is sooooooo comfy! On tap for tomorrow: I'm getting my hair done! Yay!
1 comment:
Sounds like your first day was interesting!!!!. Hope Al is very appreciative of what your doing? He's a great guy, and your a great wife.
Take care and enjoy,(as best you can) the rest of your vacation.
Keep the updates coming, I love hearing about it.
Post a Comment