Thursday..vacation is almost over now. :-( I have to say that I really have been having a pretty good time! It's nice living in the city...on vacation of course! Today, after walking Al to work, I hung around the hotel room and just relaxed. It's nice to relax without feeling guilty for it. Whenever I'm home and have a day off, I feel like I have so much to do and get done that wasn't done during the week, that I feel guilty if I sit down to watch a movie or sleep in too late.
We went to Cuban Revolution for lunch. I LOVE fried plantains!! Soooo yummy! After walking with Al back to work, I picked up the car and headed home but not before stopping at Marshalls per Crissi's suggestion to get a bathing suit. I've somewhat committed to doing a sprint triathlon in July and was heading home to get some swimming pointers from a close friend. Marshalls had NOTHING...well, nothing that I feel I'm old enough to actually put my body in, anyway. All these bathing suits with belly panels and skirts and horrible floral patterns. Vomit. I gave up and went to Dicks where I found a great Speedo that did not look great on me. So I bought a pair of shorts to go over it. Go figure.
I got home with some time to spare and hung out with my brother, whom I miss dearly and wish lived closer, and then headed over to the Boys and Girls Club for my lesson. You really have no idea how out of shape you are until you get in a pool! My GOD! Not only that, but trying to coordinate your breathing without freaking out and swallowing water (which I did a couple of times) is H-A-R-D! But by the end of our hour, I had made some improvement. I think swimming will be the hardest part! So Crissi and I agreed to meet at least once a month to work on my training and I will train at home in between.
After that I headed home to a yummy gourmet meal of grilled cheese and sour cream and onion potato chips! :-) No one makes grilled cheese quite like my mother! So tasty! I love going home and sitting and catching up with my parents at the kitchen table. Unfortunately, our time ended too soon because I needed to get back on the road in order to be home by 10. Al and I have very few rituals together, but one of them is watching Burn Notice every Thursday at 10. So I said goodbye and hit the road. Lucky for me, I didn't get into a flipping off war on the way home like I did on the way to my parents. Hey! A guy cut me off when there was no one behind me!! WTF! After I won, I fell waaayy back and gave him his space. I'm not about the be shot with a crossbow!
Tomorrow: My Spa Day!! And a nice dinner with Al! :-)
We went to Cuban Revolution for lunch. I LOVE fried plantains!! Soooo yummy! After walking with Al back to work, I picked up the car and headed home but not before stopping at Marshalls per Crissi's suggestion to get a bathing suit. I've somewhat committed to doing a sprint triathlon in July and was heading home to get some swimming pointers from a close friend. Marshalls had NOTHING...well, nothing that I feel I'm old enough to actually put my body in, anyway. All these bathing suits with belly panels and skirts and horrible floral patterns. Vomit. I gave up and went to Dicks where I found a great Speedo that did not look great on me. So I bought a pair of shorts to go over it. Go figure.
I got home with some time to spare and hung out with my brother, whom I miss dearly and wish lived closer, and then headed over to the Boys and Girls Club for my lesson. You really have no idea how out of shape you are until you get in a pool! My GOD! Not only that, but trying to coordinate your breathing without freaking out and swallowing water (which I did a couple of times) is H-A-R-D! But by the end of our hour, I had made some improvement. I think swimming will be the hardest part! So Crissi and I agreed to meet at least once a month to work on my training and I will train at home in between.
After that I headed home to a yummy gourmet meal of grilled cheese and sour cream and onion potato chips! :-) No one makes grilled cheese quite like my mother! So tasty! I love going home and sitting and catching up with my parents at the kitchen table. Unfortunately, our time ended too soon because I needed to get back on the road in order to be home by 10. Al and I have very few rituals together, but one of them is watching Burn Notice every Thursday at 10. So I said goodbye and hit the road. Lucky for me, I didn't get into a flipping off war on the way home like I did on the way to my parents. Hey! A guy cut me off when there was no one behind me!! WTF! After I won, I fell waaayy back and gave him his space. I'm not about the be shot with a crossbow!
Tomorrow: My Spa Day!! And a nice dinner with Al! :-)
1 comment:
If you are making fun of my grill cheese, I'm quite insulted!!!!!, if you were serious, then....THANK YOU, the ingredients are, Wonder Bread, real butter, the best american cheese money can buy, and a lot of love!!!!!
Post a Comment