I don't know about the rest of you, but I am totally ready for Spring to get here! No more teasers of 50 degree weather and then a snow storm the next day! Or maybe those are just little reprieves given to us by mother nature. When we feel like we can't stand the cold or the snow one more day or we are going to go postal on the family we are stuck inside with, we get a beautiful, balmy day. It's like a breath of fresh air and just that little break we need before heading back into the dredges of winter for another 3 weeks!
So, not much new news here. Simon is going to be de-sexed on Monday. Poor little guy has no clue. It's the only was we can keep him in the house though without worrying that he's going to mark his territory. I hate having to kick him out into the cold every night when we go to bed and waking up in the morning to find him curled up in his box (I made him a little make shift "lean-to" out of a couple of boxes and put a nice fleece blanket in it). He comes in every morning for his breakfast and then he takes his position on the back of the couch and sleeps for a bit. He's come a long way from that skittish cat I first posted about months ago.
He has the sweetest disposition and even the vet said she couldn't believe how friendly he was for an outdoor cat. One good thing that they did tell us was that he really doesn't have any alpha cat tendencies. I think he's just content to have a warm home and a never ending bowl of food! Besides, Tessie's already claimed her status as alpha cat of the house. He doesn't mess with Tess!
We have another meeting with the contractors next Saturday where we should get a run down of our budget and how much everything is going to cost. I am sooooo scared to take on such a huge payment and responsibility. I can't wait to start posting progress pictures of the house and construction! Well, that's it for now I guess. Here is the "before" picture of our land:"
Looking down towards the back of the land.
Looking up towards the road.
It's a HUGE piece of land. We are going to have to buy tractors to mow it! haha
So, not much new news here. Simon is going to be de-sexed on Monday. Poor little guy has no clue. It's the only was we can keep him in the house though without worrying that he's going to mark his territory. I hate having to kick him out into the cold every night when we go to bed and waking up in the morning to find him curled up in his box (I made him a little make shift "lean-to" out of a couple of boxes and put a nice fleece blanket in it). He comes in every morning for his breakfast and then he takes his position on the back of the couch and sleeps for a bit. He's come a long way from that skittish cat I first posted about months ago.
He has the sweetest disposition and even the vet said she couldn't believe how friendly he was for an outdoor cat. One good thing that they did tell us was that he really doesn't have any alpha cat tendencies. I think he's just content to have a warm home and a never ending bowl of food! Besides, Tessie's already claimed her status as alpha cat of the house. He doesn't mess with Tess!
We have another meeting with the contractors next Saturday where we should get a run down of our budget and how much everything is going to cost. I am sooooo scared to take on such a huge payment and responsibility. I can't wait to start posting progress pictures of the house and construction! Well, that's it for now I guess. Here is the "before" picture of our land:"
Looking down towards the back of the land.
Looking up towards the road.
It's a HUGE piece of land. We are going to have to buy tractors to mow it! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment