The end all cure all to any ailment I've ever had has been my mother's "noodle soup." It's nothing to write home about, really, just chicken broth and elbow noodles, but when I'm sick, it's the only thing that I want to eat. I think I associate it with memories of home and being taken care of when I was sick. I miss that! I think we all miss our "mommies" when we get sick and that feeling of security knowing that anything you need will be taken care of by her. I remember that wonderful feeling of sliding into crisp, cool, fresh sheets that my mom put on my bed while I was taking a bath when I was sick. Nothing felt better than crawling into a clean bed.
I've been sick all week with a nasty cold and eating my noodle soup always makes me feel a little better. Soup and popsicles, every parent's cure for a sore throat! Al's been keeping me well supplied with noodles, broth and popsicles! I don't really have anything else to update on because when I wasn't at work, I've been in bed. So I hope I have something more interesting for you soon! Until then...keep smiling!
I've been sick all week with a nasty cold and eating my noodle soup always makes me feel a little better. Soup and popsicles, every parent's cure for a sore throat! Al's been keeping me well supplied with noodles, broth and popsicles! I don't really have anything else to update on because when I wasn't at work, I've been in bed. So I hope I have something more interesting for you soon! Until then...keep smiling!
3 comments:
I love reading your blogs everyday... It makes me miss you more. But some how makes me feel closer...
Hope your feeling better honey. If you move home, I'll make you noodle soup and give you nice crisp clean sheets to sleep on!!!!.
I'm glad to hear, though, that Al is taking good care of you. I knew he'd make a great husband, and a good son-in-law, lol. Love you, feel better soon.
Post a Comment