I'm slightly irritated, but what else is new? So, for those of you familiar with Facebook, you'll notice that some of your friends may have started a "poll" on you. A poll! I've seen some that run the gamut from "Do you think so-and-so's eyes are beautiful" all the way to "Would you give your life for so-and-so." Would you give your life for so-and-so??? Are you kidding me?
First, who the hell are you to put that kind of poll on my Facebook page? Put it on your own damn page if you want to know who would even answer the question about who would die for you. Second, and I apologize if this comes off sounding callous, the only people I'm giving my life for are my immediate family and my husband or children. Yes, I love my friends, but what makes your life more important than mine. And if that makes me a bad friend because I wouldn't step in front of a bullet for you just to be a hero, then so be it! What an unfair thing ask people. Third, and this is a slight variation of "first," is that you aren't even the one asking that kind of question! Someone else is asking it for you and putting it on your profile! Who the hell gave them that right? It somewhat seems like a spiteful thing to ask, like they are trying to prove a point.
I can only think of two scenarios that end this situation. One: no one answers the poll left on your page and you are left wondering 'do I have any friends at all' or 'who was too cowardly to answer the question?' Two: people do answer and you wonder if they are being sincere or just trying to get on your good side. The bottom line is if anyone is planning on posting a poll on my Facebook, please know that I will delete it immediately if it asks any kind of questions I wouldn't want to answer myself. And yes, I think I have beautiful eyes!
Just me venting again!
First, who the hell are you to put that kind of poll on my Facebook page? Put it on your own damn page if you want to know who would even answer the question about who would die for you. Second, and I apologize if this comes off sounding callous, the only people I'm giving my life for are my immediate family and my husband or children. Yes, I love my friends, but what makes your life more important than mine. And if that makes me a bad friend because I wouldn't step in front of a bullet for you just to be a hero, then so be it! What an unfair thing ask people. Third, and this is a slight variation of "first," is that you aren't even the one asking that kind of question! Someone else is asking it for you and putting it on your profile! Who the hell gave them that right? It somewhat seems like a spiteful thing to ask, like they are trying to prove a point.
I can only think of two scenarios that end this situation. One: no one answers the poll left on your page and you are left wondering 'do I have any friends at all' or 'who was too cowardly to answer the question?' Two: people do answer and you wonder if they are being sincere or just trying to get on your good side. The bottom line is if anyone is planning on posting a poll on my Facebook, please know that I will delete it immediately if it asks any kind of questions I wouldn't want to answer myself. And yes, I think I have beautiful eyes!
Just me venting again!
No comments:
Post a Comment