Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pictures

Once again, in an act of stubbornness, I decided to leave my camera home instead of taking it with me to NC. It's a lot to carry and really, what pictures was I going to take anyway? Well, here are some of the photo-ops I missed:
  • A restaurant called Whitey's
  • A sign that said "Welcome Shaggers!"
  • 2 very dark, African American men dressed up in full Lady Liberty garb walking down the street. Yes, 2! On 2 separate days!
  • Foam
Yes, I said foam, but it was the coolest thing ever! One night there was a big rainstorm, unbeknownst to Al and myself because we had our fan on all night, every night, so we didn't hear Mother Nature's commotion. When I walked out onto the balcony the next morning, on the beach, looking as though it were pulsating, were masses Mother-of-Pearl colored foam. It looked as though Mother Nature had taken a bubble bath. So I went out to inspect it. It looked quite intimidating actually, moving the way it did. Any second I suspected it was going to rear up and devour me whole. I didn't have enough guts to run through is (who knew exactly what it was?) so I just stepped on a few pieces of it. But it would have made the coolest picture! I had never before seen anything like it!

Sadly, this is the only picture I have from our trip:

No comments: