So, I've been at my new job for almost 3 weeks now and so far so good. Everyone has been very nice and welcoming and there are definitely some positive differences between Milford and Day Kimball.
God, my posts have been really boring...sorry guys! I'll try to spice them up and get more pictures up here! I'm glad you are still reading though!
- The staffing. From what I've gathered, they overstaff to avoid having to put people on call and then call them in to work.
- If you do get put on call and then called in, you get time and a half!
- There are about 10 OB's and they all cover each other's patients. There were 3 OB's at DKH and they all took their own patients. This just means that the OB's at MRMC are less cranky from lack of sleep and being called all the time. Not my problem however, you are a doctor, you should expect to get called when there is a question about your patient. Of course it needs to be an important question...I digress.
- All the couples I've had in labor appear to be in stable, happy relationships.
- I haven't come upon a Methadone mom yet or a mom on any kind of recreational drugs.
- There are lactation consultants on the floor not just lactation counselors.
- They get time and a half for the 6 major holidays but they also get an extra 10% for 5 of the minor holidays, i.e. Presidents Day.
God, my posts have been really boring...sorry guys! I'll try to spice them up and get more pictures up here! I'm glad you are still reading though!
No comments:
Post a Comment