Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Holy Hubris, Batman

As many of you know, I do not hold our current President in the highest esteem. In fact, I find him to be an unbelievably insincere, ideologically whacked out, narcissistic gasbag. Often times, we infer our feelings of someone from the things they say or do on a daily basis. It's not often we are given concrete and irrefutable proof of someones character flaws.

While many could argue against my characterizations of President Obama as 'insincere' and 'ideologically whacked out', what is no longer in question is my characterization of him as a narcissistic gasbag.

Berry recounted meetings with White House officials, reminiscent of some during the Clinton days, where he and others urged them not to force Blue Dogs “off into that swamp” of supporting bills that would be unpopular with voters back home.

“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be. The president himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ We’re going to see how much difference that makes now.” [snip]

It's amazing, but this guy really does believe he can walk on water. At first, I figured he was just an incredible waste of a finely pressed suit, but the more I see of this guy, the more I find out that he truly believes can move people to action by the mere presence of his greatness and the sound of his soothing oratory. *

*That is, of course, assuming that TOTUS (Teleprompter of the United States) is willing to cooperate.

No comments: