Hazy, hot and humid! Well, it seems as though summer has finally arrived! It just decided to be fashionably late. I wonder if this means we are going to have an Indian Summer (which is called that why? Can someone explain that to me? Being part native American, I take great offense to the un-PCness that it is! Well....ok, French Canadian Indian...and maybe 1/16th....but still!! It's the principle here, people!)
Anywho, it's 8:30am and already 75 degrees out! Woohoo!!! And I have the next two days off. According to weather.com however, they are calling for thunderstorms the next two days, so I'm going to soak it alllllll in today! I assaulted the pool with the vacuum yesterday in anticipation of actually using it today. I don't know when Daddy Longlegs's decided that the bottom of our pool was going to be their sacred burial ground, but to see what looks like a large clump of hair at the center of the pool only to find out that it's a huge clusterfuck of daddy longlegs's legs is completely unnerving! I get deep satisfaction from placing the vacuum over the bunch and seeing them sucked up, up, up and away!
The cats don't seem to mind the heat all that much. Tessie and Petey both took up residence on lounge chairs watching me sweat and swear trying to vacuum the pool last night. It's not as easy as it looks! You can't go too fast because then you stir shit up and have to go over it again once it settles, the freaking vacuum pole is so long and unwieldy and you basically need a midget hanging on to the other end to keep them damn thing down, and I can't tell you how freaking scary it is to reach your hand into the filter to pull out the bucked never knowing what might be trapped in their and what is still living and will grab your hand!
I've discovered at least two new species since emptying those things! And one can always count on the dead frog or two. Riddle me this. Aren't frogs supposed to live in water? And don't they feed on bugs?? So they are stuck in a water trap that brings food right to them like free room service...and they die??? Survival of the fittest I guess. We are getting rid of the stupid frogs!

Anywho, it's 8:30am and already 75 degrees out! Woohoo!!! And I have the next two days off. According to weather.com however, they are calling for thunderstorms the next two days, so I'm going to soak it alllllll in today! I assaulted the pool with the vacuum yesterday in anticipation of actually using it today. I don't know when Daddy Longlegs's decided that the bottom of our pool was going to be their sacred burial ground, but to see what looks like a large clump of hair at the center of the pool only to find out that it's a huge clusterfuck of daddy longlegs's legs is completely unnerving! I get deep satisfaction from placing the vacuum over the bunch and seeing them sucked up, up, up and away!
The cats don't seem to mind the heat all that much. Tessie and Petey both took up residence on lounge chairs watching me sweat and swear trying to vacuum the pool last night. It's not as easy as it looks! You can't go too fast because then you stir shit up and have to go over it again once it settles, the freaking vacuum pole is so long and unwieldy and you basically need a midget hanging on to the other end to keep them damn thing down, and I can't tell you how freaking scary it is to reach your hand into the filter to pull out the bucked never knowing what might be trapped in their and what is still living and will grab your hand!
I've discovered at least two new species since emptying those things! And one can always count on the dead frog or two. Riddle me this. Aren't frogs supposed to live in water? And don't they feed on bugs?? So they are stuck in a water trap that brings food right to them like free room service...and they die??? Survival of the fittest I guess. We are getting rid of the stupid frogs!

No comments:
Post a Comment