Thursday, August 13, 2009

Seriously, what a...

Bitch!! Ok, most of you know that I Spin 2-3 times a week. For those of you who don't, Spin is an incredibly taxing, fantastic, "woo hoo"-inducing, sweat dripping, cardio work out. And I LOVE it! Well, there is a really nice guy that comes to class once or twice a week and it's common knowledge among the regulars that he sweats. A lot. An exorbitant amount. So, he's lovingly referred to as...the Sprinkler. On a few occasions, I guess he "sprinkled" someone on the bike next to him, although he has yet to do this while I'm sitting on the bike next to him.
http://www.itstrulyrandom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/man-sweating.jpg

Anywho, I think he knows that he sweats ridiculously (it's amazing he has any fluid left in his body after you see the puddles, no rivers under his bike at the end of a class!), so he makes it a point to try to sit by himself or near another bike that's unoccupied. He really is a decent guy though, so it makes up for his very efficient integumentary system.

So last night, there were 5 bikes on the right side of the room and 4 on the left with 4 people occupying the right side and 1 bike left empty in the middle. We all know that he prefers the right side so this woman, who actually works at the gym, saw him coming, grabbed the middle bike and moved it over to the corner of the room and then told the girl on the other side of her to move her bike closer so it closed the gap. The kicker is that he was standing in the doorway and saw the whole thing.

He ended up taking the bike in the corner, goodnaturedly because that's the kind of person he seems to be. But I was like, really? Seriously? What a bitchy thing to do! And not very exemplary of an employee either. I don't particularly care for this woman to begin with. I've never seen her crack a smile (and she works in the freaking day care!), she's over 40 and she hangs out with 19 year old girls. And what really pisses me off is that during the spin class, I've yet to see her push herself. I don't think she goes up on the resistance at all! What the hell is the point then if not to push yourself???

Al says I should stop worrying about other people and just concentrate on my workout. He's probably right!
http://www.beebleblog.com/images/spinning.jpg

No comments: