This past weekend we headed up to MA to visit my family. We are so busy on the weekends that I don't work, that we see my family once in a blue moon, the last time being on my mother's birthday, almost 2 months earlier, so it's always nice to see them and when the weather is as gorgeous as it was on Saturday, it makes it just that much better. Al and I started out early on Saturday because he and my dad had a 9:30 tee time as Al was taking him golfing for his birthday.
My mom and I headed to the grocery store where it was a mini reunion for me, running into 2 friend's moms. We picked up dinner (steak, potatoes and corn on the cob! YUM!) dropped everything off at home and then took a short drive to visit one of my bridesmaids whom I haven't see in over 2 years! When we got home, we watched The Sound of Music at my request since the last time we started watching it, we were interrupted by Al with the bad news that we wouldn't be getting married at the Regatta Club as planned (which worked out in the long run anyway!).
Then we sat outside on the patio and just chitchatted and enjoyed the sun while we waited for the boys to get home. I got to see some great pictures of my brother's trip to Aruba with his girlfriend and play catch with him for a while in the back yard. I am so sore today! Later that evening, we all enjoyed a great dinner and then it was time for Al and I to head home. It's always bittersweet leaving my childhood home to go back to my grownup home.
Sunday was another busy day with Al and I working on clearing more land! Al picked up our own chainsaw and we made some serious headway! Al got some more poison ivy too! After a nice hot shower, we headed to the grocery store as is our custom on Sunday to shop for the week. My mom will be happy to know that I've become a coupon clipper and saved $15 yesterday with just the coupons! Woo hoo! We invited Joan and Al down for dinner and then Al and I settled in on the couch to relax until I had to go to work. Then, to my greatest desire, I got the call at 10:10 that I was going to be on call that night! Yay! We both went straight to bed, we were so bone tired from the work we did!
Nothing super eventful, but a great weekend nonetheless! There is a post with pictures under this one! Enjoy! I know I did!
My mom and I headed to the grocery store where it was a mini reunion for me, running into 2 friend's moms. We picked up dinner (steak, potatoes and corn on the cob! YUM!) dropped everything off at home and then took a short drive to visit one of my bridesmaids whom I haven't see in over 2 years! When we got home, we watched The Sound of Music at my request since the last time we started watching it, we were interrupted by Al with the bad news that we wouldn't be getting married at the Regatta Club as planned (which worked out in the long run anyway!).
Then we sat outside on the patio and just chitchatted and enjoyed the sun while we waited for the boys to get home. I got to see some great pictures of my brother's trip to Aruba with his girlfriend and play catch with him for a while in the back yard. I am so sore today! Later that evening, we all enjoyed a great dinner and then it was time for Al and I to head home. It's always bittersweet leaving my childhood home to go back to my grownup home.
Sunday was another busy day with Al and I working on clearing more land! Al picked up our own chainsaw and we made some serious headway! Al got some more poison ivy too! After a nice hot shower, we headed to the grocery store as is our custom on Sunday to shop for the week. My mom will be happy to know that I've become a coupon clipper and saved $15 yesterday with just the coupons! Woo hoo! We invited Joan and Al down for dinner and then Al and I settled in on the couch to relax until I had to go to work. Then, to my greatest desire, I got the call at 10:10 that I was going to be on call that night! Yay! We both went straight to bed, we were so bone tired from the work we did!
Nothing super eventful, but a great weekend nonetheless! There is a post with pictures under this one! Enjoy! I know I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment