After a very long, very stressful week at work, three nights off sounds like a 7 day vacation!! We've had the nicest weekend so far! Friday (after taking a nap) I had my hair done, adding bangs to my go to look of long and straight and I really like them!! Then I hopped a train in Providence to Boston where Ivan picked me up and we headed to TGIFridays where we met Sofie and then later, Al. Al had the day off of work on Friday and golfed in a charity event for Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. We enjoyed good drinks, good food, and great company!
After a late dinner, we headed to Boston Bowl (teeny bopper heaven!) and played 2 games. I have so much fun bowling! You know you are getting old when you'd rather go bowling than go out in the city! We were all in agreement though so that made it nice. I, of course, bowled horribly except for the 10th frame of our last game where I bowled a turkey!! Us Wiesners know how to close it out! haha! Unfortunately, our fun night hit a sour spot when we got back to the TGIFriday's parking lot and found that Sofie's car had been broken into for her GPS. Ivan and Sofie are so laid back though, they just took it in stride.
We decided to crash at their house that night and boy, did I crash! I've never slept so great on an air mattress before! When we finally woke up, the sun was shining and we decided to stop at the Wrenthem Outlets on our way home. Al was generous enough to forgo his rock climbing for the day in lieu of doing something we'd both enjoy! After a quick 30 minutes and a cool $400 later we left with some new clothes and sunglasses! We got home and relaxed for a bit before getting ready to head into Providence for Lisa's 30th surprise dinner.
It cooled off to the perfect temperature and the rain held off for a great night with great people! The restaurant, Aspire, was fantastic and we were able to stay outside on the patio for the party. Lisa was definitely surprised, but even more surprising is that even though she is almost 7 months preggers, she looks like she's only 3!! But she's glowing and looks so at peace! I can only hope to look marginally like that when I finally have a baby! haha!
It was great to see Alan and Lisa because even though we live only about 25 minutes away, our schedules are so hectic and so conflicting that it makes get togethers difficult. But whenever we are able to make it happen, I just get so warm and fuzzy inside, basking in the warmth of our friendships. We are truly, truly blessed to have so many wonderful friends, even if we can only see them occasionally. You know how they say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder?' Well, I think that it definitely applies to more than just your better half! That doesn't mean that I want to keep my distance from friends just so that I enjoy them more when we do get together, but it really does apply to all kinds of relationships. Friends, family, and lover.
Today, we slept in very late! We did our usual Sunday grocery shop and are just relaxing until leaving to go see The Hangover! I love Al so much and I love spending time with him, even if he's in one room watching one thing and I'm in the other, typing on the computer. We have such an easy relationship constant communication or talking is unnecessary. We are at peace just being in each other's presence. I love my life!
After a late dinner, we headed to Boston Bowl (teeny bopper heaven!) and played 2 games. I have so much fun bowling! You know you are getting old when you'd rather go bowling than go out in the city! We were all in agreement though so that made it nice. I, of course, bowled horribly except for the 10th frame of our last game where I bowled a turkey!! Us Wiesners know how to close it out! haha! Unfortunately, our fun night hit a sour spot when we got back to the TGIFriday's parking lot and found that Sofie's car had been broken into for her GPS. Ivan and Sofie are so laid back though, they just took it in stride.
We decided to crash at their house that night and boy, did I crash! I've never slept so great on an air mattress before! When we finally woke up, the sun was shining and we decided to stop at the Wrenthem Outlets on our way home. Al was generous enough to forgo his rock climbing for the day in lieu of doing something we'd both enjoy! After a quick 30 minutes and a cool $400 later we left with some new clothes and sunglasses! We got home and relaxed for a bit before getting ready to head into Providence for Lisa's 30th surprise dinner.
It cooled off to the perfect temperature and the rain held off for a great night with great people! The restaurant, Aspire, was fantastic and we were able to stay outside on the patio for the party. Lisa was definitely surprised, but even more surprising is that even though she is almost 7 months preggers, she looks like she's only 3!! But she's glowing and looks so at peace! I can only hope to look marginally like that when I finally have a baby! haha!
It was great to see Alan and Lisa because even though we live only about 25 minutes away, our schedules are so hectic and so conflicting that it makes get togethers difficult. But whenever we are able to make it happen, I just get so warm and fuzzy inside, basking in the warmth of our friendships. We are truly, truly blessed to have so many wonderful friends, even if we can only see them occasionally. You know how they say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder?' Well, I think that it definitely applies to more than just your better half! That doesn't mean that I want to keep my distance from friends just so that I enjoy them more when we do get together, but it really does apply to all kinds of relationships. Friends, family, and lover.
Today, we slept in very late! We did our usual Sunday grocery shop and are just relaxing until leaving to go see The Hangover! I love Al so much and I love spending time with him, even if he's in one room watching one thing and I'm in the other, typing on the computer. We have such an easy relationship constant communication or talking is unnecessary. We are at peace just being in each other's presence. I love my life!
1 comment:
This sounds like a great weekend!!
Post a Comment