Monday, June 29, 2009

Gratitude

Lately, I noticed I've been doing a lot of bitching and moaning on our blog, so I wanted to take a minute and put things back into perspective. To step outside and take a look, a good hard look, at everything I have to be grateful for, most of which I take for granted, unintentionally. So, here goes:

  • I am so grateful that both sets of our parents are happily married
  • I am so grateful that I have a beautiful house to come home to every day
  • I am so grateful that I am always comfortable in a climate controlled environment and that if I am ever uncomfortable, all I need do is turn the heat up or down
  • I am so grateful that I have a job I love in this unstable economy, not just a job I had to take to make ends meet
  • I am so grateful I have an abundance of food to choose from for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • I am so grateful I can afford a gym membership to take care of my physical health
  • I am so grateful for all the physical comforts I have, pillows, blankets, sweatshirts, etc
  • I am so grateful my in-laws made a home for Al and I while we saved to build a home of our own
  • I am so grateful on a hot summers day, I can walk out my back door and dive into the pool
  • I am so grateful I have the use of both of my legs and I can choose to walk somewhere whenever I want
  • I am so grateful for all the dear friends we have who are always just a phone call away
  • I am so grateful for Al and all that he does for me on a daily basis..and the way he looks at me
  • I am so grateful for my health
That's just a tiny list of all the things I am grateful for. Some are little, some are huge. I'm grateful for my eyesight, I'm grateful my parents could afford braces for me, I'm grateful for fresh water! All things that I usually don't think twice about, but that I am truly appreciative of when I stop to think about them.

I'm grateful that I was raised by Jeffery and Marie Garbarino, two people who made me into the person I am today. I don't say the words "I'm grateful..." nearly enough, but I promise you, I am.

No comments: