As it turns out, I'm not quite as good making decisions about my life as I thought I was. Sure, I can make decisions about what other people should or could do but when it comes to me, the thought of making a big decision makes my stomach churn and my toes curl. As independent as I've always prided myself on being, I'd much rather take a backseat and let all the big decisions be made for me and I'll just go along for the ride. Granted, this is definitely not in all aspects of my life. Just some.
I've been presented with a great opportunity. I'll go into it another time. But it's a big decision. Some may think easy to make but for me, when it comes to leaving the familiar and venturing into something unfamiliar or something that will change my life, I have a tendency to dig my heels into the ground. I've always like my security blanket. Ask my mom!
So I'm sitting here weighing the pros and the cons and, truth be told, there aren't actually a lot of cons. Again, it's just leaving the comfort of something that I've become used to. I'm sure you can relate. I know I've grown up though because most of the time if I like what I hear I will jump at a decision before really thinking about it and letting it marinate and then coming to a decision and I go with my gut. They say your gut is never wrong. We'll see!
I've been presented with a great opportunity. I'll go into it another time. But it's a big decision. Some may think easy to make but for me, when it comes to leaving the familiar and venturing into something unfamiliar or something that will change my life, I have a tendency to dig my heels into the ground. I've always like my security blanket. Ask my mom!
So I'm sitting here weighing the pros and the cons and, truth be told, there aren't actually a lot of cons. Again, it's just leaving the comfort of something that I've become used to. I'm sure you can relate. I know I've grown up though because most of the time if I like what I hear I will jump at a decision before really thinking about it and letting it marinate and then coming to a decision and I go with my gut. They say your gut is never wrong. We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment