Thursday, April 14, 2011

War...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Among the current members of the Republican party, there are are two Rock Stars. By Rock Stars, I mean politicians with strong ideas based in reality, a willingness to go to the mattresses for those ideas and debate them anywhere, anytime, anyplace, and the willingness to fight the wars that need to be fought, regardless of the potential political backlash. One is Gov. Chris Christie and the other is Paul Ryan, Chairman of the House Budget Committee.

Bravo, Mr. Ryan, Bravo:



Make no mistake, Mr. Ryan is ready to go to war with the President over our economic future. He's ready to put forth the tough decisions that need to be made, rather than kick the can down the road and continue to exacerbate our problems. Unfortunately for Mr. Ryan, the rest of the Republican party doesn't have the sand that he has.

I would pay anything to see a one on one debate between Mr. Ryan and President Obama on the economy and their plans to fix what ails us. Unfortunately, that type of debate will never happen, just like we would never have let Muhammed Ali get into a ring with a 120lbs. 12 year old school boy, as the President would not come out just bloodied, but in potential need of resuscitation.

No comments: