Monday, March 7, 2011

Wiesner Swamp

There was no doubt in anyone's mind how much water the melted snow would bring this spring, and along with the rain we got this weekend, many many people are plagued with flooded basements. I'm happy to say that we are not joining their ranks but we did have an issue with the excess water. I like to call it Wiesner Swamp. And it just so happens that the town of Burrillville contributed to it.

Last spring when we had the record rainfall and flooding the town so generously built a culvert that diverted all the water running on the road to a very specific path: our property. Now, that river has taken a huge chunk out of our drive way. We've got lovely little babbling brook now though. So we've got that going for us.

On the upside, like I said, no flooding in the basement. A steady leak from one of the pipes in the corner of the mechanical room but it's right over the sump pump so I'm hoping that means it will be ok! Anywho, here are some more pics!

1 comment:

C. C. said...

I see a beautiful dry creekbed in your future! God knows you've got the rocks for it. Could be a very fun project. I did a tiny one in our back yard last year.