Thursday, January 8, 2009

Our "kids"

After reading all these blogs about people's families and children (or soon to be children) I thought I do a short post about our kitties who are like our kids right now. Joan calls them the "grandkittens." :-P

We got Petey and Tessie, both girls, about 4 years ago when they were 4 months old. They are sisters and we got them from a rescue shelter. Al actually picked them both out, I was just happy that I was able to talk him into getting one! I can totally understand how pet therapy works for the sick and the elderly. While they do things to really piss us off (like Tessie's habit of "marking" Al's clothes or going away bag when she's pissed at him for leaving) their little idiosyncrasies are what make us fall in love with them every day. I hate being one of those people who talk to their cats in a baby voice, but alas, I do!

Tessie probably has the funniest personality out of the two. We can walk around the corner and find her on the floor of our bedroom, sounds asleep, but flat on her back, legs splayed open. She's done this since she was a kitten! The other day I walked in on her making love to one of my socks
.
Petey has a much quieter personality. She will sleep next to my head every night but hates being picked up. She snores too and she'll "talk" to you when she wants something. She also won't drink water from anywhere but the sink in the bathroom, and the tap has to be on. Spoiled brat!



Anywho, they make us laugh and smile every day! I keep begging Al for a dog, but he says not until we get a house. Boo! We already know what we are going to get too:


Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments: