Did any of you out there make New Year's resolutions? I did. One of my New Year's resolutions was to stop being so angry with people all the time. As you all know, I am infamous for my road rage and I think I'm starting to let it infect my other daily interactions. I once got advice from a friend who said "try driving the speed limit for one week and you will start to notice that you feel better." or something along those lines. Well I did that, and it did NOT make me feel better, it just made me more angry with all the idiot drivers who were not driving like nice, safe me. Besides, I don't usually speed, I don't travel in the passing lane if I can avoid it, I don't tailgate (unless someone is going a ridiculous number of miles under the speed limit ((like 5)) and they are in the passing lane) I don't cut other people off, I turn off my highbeams the minute I see someone coming at me at night, I try to be courteous of people trying to pull in to traffic and I NEVER stop on an on ramp. You'd be surprised how many Einstein's I've seen do this. One got rear ended by a Mac truck.
Anywho, so I'm angry with drivers, and now that it's the New Year, I'm angry with all the "resolutioners" who are going to overrun my gym at night. It is maddening to see people who have no idea what they are doing trying to use the equipment. I've contemplated becoming a personal trainer just to help people avoid this and to save my own sanity. Not to mention, by the time March rolls around they will have all dissipated, their 3 month memberships coming to a close. But until March, we have to put up with people taking up all the cardio equipment on the cardio deck, people who don't put weights away after they are done with their exercise, people jumping on our machines when we are in the middle of a set and, nastiest of all, people who don't clean the equipment after they've sweat all over them. I don't know why it bothers me so much or even why I let it bother me, but for me, the gym is not a place to socialize, it's a place to get your shit done and get out. But that's just me.
So, what am I doing to become a better, more even keeled person you ask? Well, starting New Year's Day, I made a concerted effort to not scream at other drivers. And I did really well. And I felt more calm. I kind of lost it yesterday when someone sped up and pulled out in front of us and then proceeded to go 5 miles under the speed limit while we were on our way to Stop & Shop. Baby steps. As far as the gym goes, I am going to go midday today to hopefully beat the after work crush of all the old people plus all the new ones. And when I have to go when I know there will be a lot of new people there, I will just ignore them and concentrate on what I am doing and do it faster so I can get out faster. I think I just want to help people who are doing things wrong more than anything because what's the point of putting in the effort if you aren't going to get the result? But really, who wants some know it all coming over to correct them?
WOW, I totally sound like a bitch, but at least I'm working on it! This blog is definitely going to be an outlet for me, so please, bear with me and keep reading! :-) Here is a hilarious clip I found that will probably be me someday if I don't control it now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeAPiRGTeqc
Anywho, so I'm angry with drivers, and now that it's the New Year, I'm angry with all the "resolutioners" who are going to overrun my gym at night. It is maddening to see people who have no idea what they are doing trying to use the equipment. I've contemplated becoming a personal trainer just to help people avoid this and to save my own sanity. Not to mention, by the time March rolls around they will have all dissipated, their 3 month memberships coming to a close. But until March, we have to put up with people taking up all the cardio equipment on the cardio deck, people who don't put weights away after they are done with their exercise, people jumping on our machines when we are in the middle of a set and, nastiest of all, people who don't clean the equipment after they've sweat all over them. I don't know why it bothers me so much or even why I let it bother me, but for me, the gym is not a place to socialize, it's a place to get your shit done and get out. But that's just me.
So, what am I doing to become a better, more even keeled person you ask? Well, starting New Year's Day, I made a concerted effort to not scream at other drivers. And I did really well. And I felt more calm. I kind of lost it yesterday when someone sped up and pulled out in front of us and then proceeded to go 5 miles under the speed limit while we were on our way to Stop & Shop. Baby steps. As far as the gym goes, I am going to go midday today to hopefully beat the after work crush of all the old people plus all the new ones. And when I have to go when I know there will be a lot of new people there, I will just ignore them and concentrate on what I am doing and do it faster so I can get out faster. I think I just want to help people who are doing things wrong more than anything because what's the point of putting in the effort if you aren't going to get the result? But really, who wants some know it all coming over to correct them?
WOW, I totally sound like a bitch, but at least I'm working on it! This blog is definitely going to be an outlet for me, so please, bear with me and keep reading! :-) Here is a hilarious clip I found that will probably be me someday if I don't control it now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeAPiRGTeqc
No comments:
Post a Comment