If there was such an award, it would go to me. Honestly though, I haven't had much to update you on. After my rant about the house we sat down with our contractor for a meeting. This is an area in which Andy shines. He always wants to make things right and make us whole. Although I didn't say anything in my blog about him personally, there ended up being a lot of hurt feelings all around and we rectified that in our meeting. One thing I will say about Andy is this: he loves what he does and he is always striving to make sure his customer is happy. He's really great about that.
We've had numerous meetings and think tanks that go over three hours just to make sure we are all on the same page and have the same end goal in mind: a beautiful house. We give Andy a lot of credit for what he does. It can't be easy managing so many different trades and homeowners that are doing a lot of the work themselves too. He's said to me before that he will never have another job like this one because we are so involved in the process. It's a blessing and a curse for him I guess. While we are learning from him we also hope that he is learning from us. Well, I say us but I can't really count myself in that! haha!
So the house was kind of put on hold during the holidays which was a nice change of pace, to have a couple of weekends to just enjoy spending time together. We spend New Year's weekend up in New Hampshire per tradition and had a great time! I even went skiing for the first time in 7 years! I did fall a couple of times but no broken bones. However, there was a chair lift incident...
Sofie, Al, myself and Ivan (in that order) were on the quad chair lift going up to the top of the mountain. When it came time to "dismount" Al used me as momentum and in the process pushed me down (he'll tell you otherwise, but I maintain that he pushed me). In any case, I ended up falling face first in front of the chair...or almost under it. I was in the way of poor Ivan getting off the lift and all I heard him say as the chair kept coming around the corner was "It's OK, I've got you, don't' worry" as I'm frantically trying to crawl to the side to avoid getting run over by the chair. In the end, the ski lift attendant ended up snapping my skis off my boots so I could make my way to safety. This is what Al and Sofie saw: me, face down, ass up, skis in the air in front of Ivan who's legs were straddling me as the chair lift was pushing him into me. Too bad no one had a camera handy! :-)
So there's my funny story to make up for my lack of blogging!
We've had numerous meetings and think tanks that go over three hours just to make sure we are all on the same page and have the same end goal in mind: a beautiful house. We give Andy a lot of credit for what he does. It can't be easy managing so many different trades and homeowners that are doing a lot of the work themselves too. He's said to me before that he will never have another job like this one because we are so involved in the process. It's a blessing and a curse for him I guess. While we are learning from him we also hope that he is learning from us. Well, I say us but I can't really count myself in that! haha!
So the house was kind of put on hold during the holidays which was a nice change of pace, to have a couple of weekends to just enjoy spending time together. We spend New Year's weekend up in New Hampshire per tradition and had a great time! I even went skiing for the first time in 7 years! I did fall a couple of times but no broken bones. However, there was a chair lift incident...
Sofie, Al, myself and Ivan (in that order) were on the quad chair lift going up to the top of the mountain. When it came time to "dismount" Al used me as momentum and in the process pushed me down (he'll tell you otherwise, but I maintain that he pushed me). In any case, I ended up falling face first in front of the chair...or almost under it. I was in the way of poor Ivan getting off the lift and all I heard him say as the chair kept coming around the corner was "It's OK, I've got you, don't' worry" as I'm frantically trying to crawl to the side to avoid getting run over by the chair. In the end, the ski lift attendant ended up snapping my skis off my boots so I could make my way to safety. This is what Al and Sofie saw: me, face down, ass up, skis in the air in front of Ivan who's legs were straddling me as the chair lift was pushing him into me. Too bad no one had a camera handy! :-)
So there's my funny story to make up for my lack of blogging!
2 comments:
You are just way to funny, honey.
Once again your blog has made me laugh and brightened my day. I would have loved to seen a picture of that, but the visual in my mind is probably just as funny.!!!!!, hahaha.
Love you
Glad you've had productive meetings re: the house! And I can imagine it was nice to have a few quiet weeks during the holidays. Sorry we won't see you at MLK, but we'll be thinking about you. Hugs to you all.
Post a Comment