Even though I'm always saying I have nothing new to blog about, my mind is in a perpetual state of hyper overdrive! Sometimes I feel like I could fall asleep sitting at the counter. Lists and lists are constantly running through my head of things I need to buy, do, clean, make, etc. I've taken to actually writing these lists down because I just can't hold any more info in there! I used to try to keep it all up here in an effort to keep my brain young and strong but along the way, I find little tasks or reminder get lost.
First, there is Springtide Images. For those of you who don't know, I started my own photography business in October and I've been working to get it off the ground. I'm collaborating with a very good friend right now on my website and will hopefully have something to show by the end of the month. I also just purchased a new camera which I am really excited about. They say that the camera doesn't make the photographer and while that statement is 100% true, it certainly does help enhance the quality of the images produced by the photographer. Someone once said to me after I showed them a shot on the LCD screen of a picture I had just taken, "Wow, this camera takes really good pictures." I should have said "Wow, your mouth gives really nice compliments!" The camera doesn't take the picture, the photographer does. I tell the camera what I want it to do, I don't just shoot with reckless abandon. There's a point to every frame I snap. Oh, I just went off on a tangent...
So that's always at the forefront of my mind. Researching business practices, researching photography practices, trying to learn as much as I possibly can, collecting and buying props for shoots and worrying, always worrying that I won't get hired. But when I'm not worrying, I am super excited to start this next chapter in my life. Professional Photographer. Business Owner. Artist.
When I'm not thinking about Springtide, I'm thinking about legal nursing and the next step in my nursing career. It was never my intention to make photography my main source of income (that's Al - hehe, just kidding babe!) but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. But it's a couple years off. So I'm looking into becoming a legal nurse consultant. I have an amazing mentor who is taking me by the hand and giving me everything I need to succeed on a silver platter. I just need to DO IT! The trouble is trying to find the time and organizing it. Money is another trouble in that area because it's not cheap to become certified but I'm not thinking about that right now. I just need to study.
On top of all this, most of you know that I am donating eggs. The retrieval should be sometime early next week, most likely Tuesday and I am getting uncomfortable. My ovaries are huge and causing some cramping and discomfort. I can't do any kind of cardio until a couple of weeks after the retrieval because there is a possibility of ovarian torsion. Because the ovaries are so much larger than usual, there is more of a chance of the fallopian tubes twisting around themselves and cutting off blood supply. That's why they say no running or jogging or anything that would jostle them too much. And like 99% of people on the planet, my resolution was to start and maintain a healthier lifestyle! Oh well! I can still lift weights and walk! :-) They say I'm not going to want to do much after the retrieval anyway. I'm just really happy and excited to be helping someone that really wants to bring a child into the world and be a parent. I don't imagine it's an easy decision to come to, using someone else's eggs. I'm very honored that they chose me.
So that's what in my head at the moment. Enjoy! :-)
First, there is Springtide Images. For those of you who don't know, I started my own photography business in October and I've been working to get it off the ground. I'm collaborating with a very good friend right now on my website and will hopefully have something to show by the end of the month. I also just purchased a new camera which I am really excited about. They say that the camera doesn't make the photographer and while that statement is 100% true, it certainly does help enhance the quality of the images produced by the photographer. Someone once said to me after I showed them a shot on the LCD screen of a picture
So that's always at the forefront of my mind. Researching business practices, researching photography practices, trying to learn as much as I possibly can, collecting and buying props for shoots and worrying, always worrying that I won't get hired. But when I'm not worrying, I am super excited to start this next chapter in my life. Professional Photographer. Business Owner. Artist.
When I'm not thinking about Springtide, I'm thinking about legal nursing and the next step in my nursing career. It was never my intention to make photography my main source of income (that's Al - hehe, just kidding babe!) but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. But it's a couple years off. So I'm looking into becoming a legal nurse consultant. I have an amazing mentor who is taking me by the hand and giving me everything I need to succeed on a silver platter. I just need to DO IT! The trouble is trying to find the time and organizing it. Money is another trouble in that area because it's not cheap to become certified but I'm not thinking about that right now. I just need to study.On top of all this, most of you know that I am donating eggs. The retrieval should be sometime early next week, most likely Tuesday and I am getting uncomfortable. My ovaries are huge and causing some cramping and discomfort. I can't do any kind of cardio until a couple of weeks after the retrieval because there is a possibility of ovarian torsion. Because the ovaries are so much larger than usual, there is more of a chance of the fallopian tubes twisting around themselves and cutting off blood supply. That's why they say no running or jogging or anything that would jostle them too much. And like 99% of people on the planet, my resolution was to start and maintain a healthier lifestyle! Oh well! I can still lift weights and walk! :-) They say I'm not going to want to do much after the retrieval anyway. I'm just really happy and excited to be helping someone that really wants to bring a child into the world and be a parent. I don't imagine it's an easy decision to come to, using someone else's eggs. I'm very honored that they chose me.
So that's what in my head at the moment. Enjoy! :-)
1 comment:
Hehe! LOVE that pic.
Post a Comment