We are 3 weeks into our house project and by the end of the weekend we'll have a basement! Yay! The pictures don't show the garage because they are actually waiting to frame and pour the concrete for that last. It's so cool to watch this finally taking shape from paper to an actual building. One this we noticed today though, we definitely will need to get some trees in. It was H-O-T out there and we have nothing but open field! We'll have a lot to do in the way of landscaping but that will come with time.


Our wall of windows for the great room. Approximately 14 feet of window height and 15 feet of window width. LOTS of light! Absolutely gorgeous!

I'm like a giddy school girl watching all this and when they showed me the rendering for the windows, well you could have told me they were going to cost $10K and I would have said "Great! I want 'em!" I'm not the best person to have around when you are looking to bargain with someone!Also, here is a picture of a house I saw in Ludlow while driving around that is the exact color of what we want our house to be. It's called Wedgewood blue and it is so classy looking! We are going to go with a darker stone behind our front porch though and square columns.
How do I know if this is the right color, you ask? Well, first I went up to the front door and knocked, hoping to speak with the homeowner, and when no one answered, I pulled into the driveway, grabbed my swatch out of my purse and held it up to the house. A perfect match! Yay! :-) I have ways of getting things done! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment