Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I killed a spider

OK, I know I have totally neglected this blog and I sincerely hope to have more to write about when we start building our house, but right now our lives are pretty boring. Work and sleep. That's about it. Oh, and of course the gym!

I started a new workout at the gym and it kicks my ass!! Even the owner made a comment to his wife (who I work with) that I looked like I was working really hard and very focused. I totally am, only because it's just for 30 days. If I can keep reminding myself that it's only a month, they I might be able to get through it. They are HARD!

Everything else is pretty much status quo here. I killed a spider yesterday. Al hates it when I do that. He's all about being "one with nature." Pfft! Sorry sweetie, but I am not waiting for you to come home just so you can pick spidey up in a paper towel and free him outside. We've got plenty of spiders to spare around here, so a few dead ones here and there are not going to make a difference. Besides, this one had a butt! A large butt. And he was sneaky.

I was sitting where I am right now, on my couch in my bedroom and I saw him crawl out from under the heater. When I got up to kill him, he saw me move and scuttled back up under the heater. About 15 minutes later, he reappeared and I got down on my hands and knees and very slowly, very quietly, crawled over to him with my shoe in my hand. Unfortunately, he was still too much under the heater and not enough in the open that my stabbing efforts with my slide were fruitless.

Then I decided I wasn't waiting on him anymore, took apart the heater and obliterated him. I just couldn't take the chance of letting him live and crawling into my open mouth while I was sleeping. Ewwwwwww......I have goosebumps just thinking about it. Yuck!

Last Friday we had dinner with Jen and Murray, a colleague of mine and her husband. We had a wonderful time and was introduced to a new drink: dark and stormys. Yuummmmmm!! We enjoyed it so much that we went to the liquor store Saturday night and bought the fixins ourselves and the fun was ours to be had!

We also saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Cute. Some funny parts. I'd see it again. I'm in the middle of the last Twilight book and although it's no Harry Potter, it's got my undivided attention. Really, if you are looking for a good, mindless read, strictly for pleasure reading, these books are really good. And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: