Monday, July 25, 2011

One year later...

and we've gone from this:

to this: (this picture is from March, but not much has changed outside)
This past Friday was one year to the day that we first broke ground for the house. For Al and my father in law, it's been a long, cold, frustrating winter. The outside of the house looks the same, but the inside is a web of wires, plumbing and cable. They've logged 20+ hours every weekend since the start of this project to get everything inside the walls perfect. I haven't put up many pictures because it's "just wire" but I thought I'd update you all to give you an idea of what an intricate job this has really been. I even helped out a few time with some of the electrical and I understand why it took so long! I had very lofty ideas of how quickly it should have gone and I'm humbled to say that I completely understand the importance of making sure everything is done right. Here are some pictures from the past 6 months, in no particular order.

Electrical box and ventingThe sconce lights we chose for the garage
The master bedroom wiring
Kids bathtub
My bathtub :-)
Ducts in the basement
Laundry room
My two contractors very hard at work putting up backing for the cabinets
Al's CAT6 and coax cables
The plumbing manifold
Still smiling after all this time!
Hopefully I will have more to show you in the next coming months! Al and Al are almost done (but never quite) and we can get insulation, Sheetrock and plaster in. HVAC guys are here now and should be done by the end of the week! Then it's my turn and I will be a painting machine! I can't believe I assumed we'd be in the house by March! I had NO IDEA it would be this much work! I have a new appreciation for my husband's work ethic and all the details that go into building a house.

No comments: