Friday, November 12, 2010

Turn off the TV!!

I've been pretty busy the past couple of weeks but not so busy that I couldn't blog! I'm guilty of getting stuck in front of the TV, channel surfing, surfing, surfing and the hours just go by until I'm so numb from all the useless boob tube that I can't form a coherent sentence. TV really is junk food for the mind. It makes me feel exactly like I would feel if I went on a sugar bender. Great at first, like I'm indulging in a forbidden treat, but the longer I "enjoy" myself the crappier I feel. Before I know it, the day is gone and I've gotten nothing done.There's usually never anything on worth watching anyway! I get sucked into pointless sitcoms that I've already seen 10 times over.

So, in order to railroad this toxic habit I have during the day, I need to turn on some music and work. Whether that means cleaning, cooking or sitting at the computer and editing some photos, that's what I need to do. I love having the background noise but my focus isn't on the screen. I love it lately especially because I'm in a supremely Christmas-y mood and it's all Christmas music all the time as far as I'm concerned! Because even the local radio stations play the same songs over and over again and it's like watching those sitcoms that I've already seen one too many times.

I had my first paying customer last week and I've been working on her photos. I'm falling into my normal habit of doubting myself and my ability to do this but I'm trying to squelch that! I'm too into the habit of focusing on failure rather than success and then I never get anything done. Here are a couple pictures I did of her.
Maybe I should change my style? Eh, it's a live and learn thing that will come with practice! And for my mother who has been asking, here are some pictures of the house. Not too much has been done because our mason is a dink and we've had to wait on him for over a month. But Al did get a lot of the siding up himself last week and we have the beginning of a chimney.
Not too much new to update on. Just working on the house and editing and working! We've had a huge baby boom at the hospital! It seems like everyone wanted to have their little turkeys before Turkey Day! We've been at full capacity for two weeks! It's been crazy! I'm off until next Tuesday night which is GREAT! I'll update some more pictures later today!

No comments: