Tuesday, November 16, 2010

45 in a 25...

I got a ticket for speeding on Sunday evening. I was cruising down a back road that I frequent often, coming home from Target to get home so I could start dinner for the company we were having that night when those telltale blue lights started flashing behind me. Great. At first I couldn't understand why he was pulling just me over because I was actually behind two other cars at the time but the police officer said he caught me "back there" doing 45. License and registration, please. Ugh! I was really hoping he'd let me off with a warning. I was extremely polite, abiding by the rules of being pulled over, asking before I went in my glove box for my registration, hands on the wheel, interior lights on etc. And the guy looked harmless enough. But no, he gave me a ticket. He did reduce it to only 30 in a 25 but still! I can't even take advantage of getting it dismissed in court because it's been less than three years since I had the last one dismissed. You'd think I would learn!
I can't help it though. I don't speed because I'm in a hurry but because I like to go fast. This road is a quiet back road, not a lot of traffic and it is completely ludicrous that the speed limit is 25! It should at least be 30. Once I got back on the road, I set my cruise control to 25 but I was jumping out of my skin because I think I could have gotten out of the car and ran faster! I just like to cruise along at my own speed! I don't think I'll ever learn! And what about the other two cars in front of me?! They sure as shit weren't going 25mph!

No comments: