Thursday, June 24, 2010

New pics from June

June has been flying by and I can't tell if it's because we've been so busy or if I'm just getting older and time seems to sneak away from me at this point. I've uploaded some pictures from the month. These are from Al's cousin's wedding. She was a beautiful bride and it was a really fun wedding! Great DJ (even though I never did get to dance because a pack of wild horses wouldn't have drawn Al up there) and beautiful scenery. The church was SWELTERING though! No AC, just electric fans barely blowing around stagnant air! Poor guys in the suit jackets!



I'm lucky I got this picture of us at all because Al hates the "long arm" shots!




Simon has been hanging around the house more and more these days, hardly ever leaving the back deck. I think he's afraid his doppelganger is going to trick us into thinking that it's him and take over Simon's rightful place in the Wiesner household. I actually have mistaken this mystery cat a couple of times for Simon but in the end, we know our "buddy!"



I was outside this morning "taking care of" some bug eggs that had so rudely taken up residence on our window when I decided to check on my unruly herb garden (the pot overfloweth) and noticed this little guy just sitting there. He (or she) didn't move but I could see it breathing. It let me pet it and it did hop onto my finger with some coaxing. Unfortunately, when Al came out to see it, so did Petey and Tessie and as soon as Mortimer (that's what I named him) hopped on my finger, he flew off to the top of the fence, relieving any fears we had that he may have been hurt and unable to fly. Unfortunately, as soon as he landed, Tessie wasted no time in scaling the fence to attack it. She got him in her mouth and I moved like lightening to free him. It happened so fast I don't even remember getting up! Morty flew away leaving some feathers behind. Poor guy! And I didn't yell at Tessie because it's just her nature. I hope he's OK wherever he went!


And then I found this guy about a week ago just hanging out on the deck. Apparently, it's quite the party scene!

Petey had some fun with him but as soon as he hopped away to the grass he was invisible to the naked eye!

No comments: