To those of you who follow our blog, I am so sorry I've neglected it for the past 3 weeks! I wouldn't be surprised if I lost all of you. It's been a busy couple of weeks for us. Here is a rundown:
The last two weeks, we've had our friend from Germany, Katharina, visiting us. We all went out to Nantucket for4 days the first week and enjoyed the beach and beautiful setting. I had my camera all packed and ready to go, but walked out the door without it. I kicked myself the whole time because of all the beautiful sunsets. However, I found out when I got home that it wouldn't have mattered if I had remembered to bring my camera anyway because I left the battery on the charger! Oh well, lessons learned!
On our way home from Nantucket we picked up Katharina's friend Brittany and we went to Six Flags the following day. The girls had a great time, but it left much to be desired. It's not a mystery why they filed for bankruptcy! The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying time together, watching movies, and rock climbing (for Al and Katharina).
The past week while Katharina was at the RI Rock Gym's summer camp, Al and I were both working our respective asses off! This last week was a week straight from hell for me! We've been balls to the wall since Monday straight with everyone putting in doubles, people working on their days off (me!), just sheer madness. I got a much needed reprieve from a 7 night bender last night when I was put on call! Glory Hallelujah! Out of the 24 hours in the day, I slept 17 of them and it was much needed!
Katharina took us out to dinner last night to thank us for having her and it seems we've started a tradition of having her last dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. Great steak! Even better deserts! Although it was against my better judgement and my very full belly, I ordered the Golden Nugget Fried Cheesecake. Let me paint a picture for you: 1"X1" cubes of hot, fried cheesecake, crispy on the outside, warm and creamy on the inside, over vanilla ice cream, topped with whipped cream and a strawberry caramel swirl...oh yes, truly orgasmic! I didn't take the rest of my meal home, but I'll be damned if I didn't take the rest of that home!
So that's a quick summary of what's been happening. We said a sad goodbye to Katharina today with the promise that she could come again next year (pending our housing situation, of course, which by then had better be lived in!). Al and I spent the rest of the day enjoying each others company with our Sunday ritual of grocery shopping and watching a movie. And here I am at work again! I promise not to be so neglectful in the future! My apologies!
1 comment:
Even though the post have been far and few between........I am a loyal & faithful follower!!!!
Love you,
Guess Who???
LOL
Post a Comment