Well, we are back from our mini-vaca! And although it's always nice to come home, I really wanted to stay on vacation! We are already starting to think about our next one! We just need to book it because we'll say, Oh, when we have more money, or, Let's just wait and see where we are, and then we never end up going. And believe it or not, aside from little weekends away, the only vacation we have ever had together, just the two of us, was our honeymoon! Don't get me wrong, I try never to look a free vacation in the mouth, but sometimes it would be nice to just have total alone time, just him and I.
Anywho, we got back yesterday around 4 and here I am at work already! So let me give you a rundown of our vaca. The Disney cruise was nice, but we both agree, nothing to write home about. Not trying to compare apples and lug nuts (see, I don't get the whole "apples and oranges" comparison. It's easy to compare them. They are both fruit, they both grow on trees, they are both good for you, you can use them both in cooking. Who the hell came up with that saying anyway? I digress...) but compared to the Royal Caribbean cruises we've been on, this just didn't match up.
It was obviously a smaller ship which I didn't know would bother me until the second night. I got seasick! :-( I wore acupressure bracelets and took Dramamine for the rest of the trip. No worries though, they worked really well! Until I took them off! Our first day on the ship, Al and I hit the gym (big surprise!) and signed up for a Body Composition Analysis. What a stupid thing to do at the start of a what are usually very indulgent cruises! I won't talk numbers, but let's just say that Al passed with flying colors and I'm sitting in the back of the room wearing the dunce cap. But I really didn't let it bother me.
That night we made reservations at the optional Italian restaurant on board, Palo. Again, nice but nothing to write home about. The sunset was gorgeous though! That night we went down to the adult lounge, Wave Bands, for their show Match Your Mate. And wouldn't you know, after much coercion from me and a move that involved me showing the room my ass, we were picked to be contestants! And we won! It was a lot of fun and we met a really nice couple!
Over the next two days we spend a lot of time in Diversions, the pseudo sports bar. They had board games and such so we watched and played games. It was a win-win there! The first day we were docked was at Nassau. I don't have much to say about Nassau. It's Nassau. Big whoop. We spend the first half of the day laying out by the pool and I got pretty burnt and couldn't enjoy the sun too much the following day at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay, which was gorgeous! I did have a really nice time relaxing under the umbrella, reading my book and enjoying a fruity umbrella drink!
We pretty much spend the whole cruise either at the gym, in Diversions, or just relaxing. There really isn't a whole lot to write about. We stayed at a beautiful Marriott in Delray Beach and had dinner at a tiny little wine bar which was probably the best meal of the whole trip. Morning came too soon and it was time to say goodbye! Joan and Al dropped us off at the airport and we were home before we knew it. We were even unpacked and laundry had been started within a half hour of being home. And then of course, we hit the gym!
If I think of anything funny or exciting that I missed in here I will definitely post it! Pictures coming!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment