It's been a while since I had a good rant about something. Mostly, I've been in the best mood watching the house take shape after 4 long years! I have to admit, I will definitely miss having the back deck for entertaining but I'm sure I will get over it very quickly! :-) So anyway, I was on my way home from Douglas Lumber yesterday and my worst fear came true when I saw what time it was: I got stuck behind a bus on my road. For those of you who have been to my house and come from Mass, you know it's a very long road, about 4 miles of it being in Mass. Well, I got stuck behind a school bus right at the beginning of the road. DAMMIT!! This is what I got to look at for 20 minutes:
Bus. Ass. I wasn't in any kind of rush to get home or anything but, what the frick?! Do these kids not know how to use their legs anymore? We had bus stops when I was a kid meaning all the neighborhood kids would be assigned one person's house or the corner of a street to meet at where the bus would pick us up or drop us off at and then we'd walk to our respective houses. Yes, I said it. Walk. God forbid these kids should have to walk 20 extra feet from their front door! No! The fricking bus stops at every house!! It doesn't matter if the houses are next door to each other or not.
I thought I was going to have a seizure watching the blinking lights go on and off, on and off at the 10 houses within a quarter mile of each other. Not to mention, this particular bus driver has no regard for how many cars are lined up behind her bus be it two or twenty. At least some of the more conscientious drivers will pull over and let the traffic pass them, but not her! F*ng biotch. And I don't blame the kids, I'm sure they are not the ones that don't feel like walking to their house from a bus stop, I think it's the over protective, neurotic parents that changed things. Oh, and the icing on the cake? In Rhode Island, there is a bus monitor that gets off at every stop, yes, every stop, even if it's one house down, walks the kid to their house and then has to run up and down the length of the bus checking under the front and back wheels to make sure that there isn't anything under it like, oh I don't know, a kid. Like the one you just walked to their parent.
Another one of my observations on the long ride home was that every house had a parent or sibling waiting outside for them. Is that another requirement? If you aren't standing outside making it obvious that someone is home then they won't drop your kid off? Whatever happened to latchkey kids? This wasn't the elementary school bus either. Overall it was a very frustrating experience. And I broke a nail slamming my hand on the steering wheel.
Bus. Ass. I wasn't in any kind of rush to get home or anything but, what the frick?! Do these kids not know how to use their legs anymore? We had bus stops when I was a kid meaning all the neighborhood kids would be assigned one person's house or the corner of a street to meet at where the bus would pick us up or drop us off at and then we'd walk to our respective houses. Yes, I said it. Walk. God forbid these kids should have to walk 20 extra feet from their front door! No! The fricking bus stops at every house!! It doesn't matter if the houses are next door to each other or not. I thought I was going to have a seizure watching the blinking lights go on and off, on and off at the 10 houses within a quarter mile of each other. Not to mention, this particular bus driver has no regard for how many cars are lined up behind her bus be it two or twenty. At least some of the more conscientious drivers will pull over and let the traffic pass them, but not her! F*ng biotch. And I don't blame the kids, I'm sure they are not the ones that don't feel like walking to their house from a bus stop, I think it's the over protective, neurotic parents that changed things. Oh, and the icing on the cake? In Rhode Island, there is a bus monitor that gets off at every stop, yes, every stop, even if it's one house down, walks the kid to their house and then has to run up and down the length of the bus checking under the front and back wheels to make sure that there isn't anything under it like, oh I don't know, a kid. Like the one you just walked to their parent.
Another one of my observations on the long ride home was that every house had a parent or sibling waiting outside for them. Is that another requirement? If you aren't standing outside making it obvious that someone is home then they won't drop your kid off? Whatever happened to latchkey kids? This wasn't the elementary school bus either. Overall it was a very frustrating experience. And I broke a nail slamming my hand on the steering wheel.
1 comment:
Ok, I understand your irritation, but this was a hilarious blog post. Thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment