Monday, March 1, 2010

Nerd Alert!


God, I feel like I'm back in the 7th grade with my nerdy glasses! For the most part, I like them but instead of making me feel sophisticated and worldly, I just feel like a nerd...again. :-(
The reception on them hasn't been great either. I know they will take some time to get used to but the only one who actually greeted them with enthusiasm is Steve. One of my colleagues said to me when I put them on "Oh...those are different." I guess it does take some time to get used to seeing someone who never wears glasses in glasses and vice versa. I know it's weird to see my dad without glasses sometimes.

I digress. Have you noticed I use that word quite often. Just an observation. You can tell how much I really have to say, huh? Well, today is March 1st and our final, architectural drawings should be finished and ready to send out to the subs. The fact that I haven't heard a word from the draftsman leaves me a bit worried, but I'll give him until 5:00 before I start panicking.

This is my last week on orientation and I'm looking forward to being on what will be my normal schedule soon! I was so melancholy last week at work. I don't know if I was reverse PMSing or what, but I was supremely sad one night last week while sitting in the nursery with my preceptor. I miss the girls I used to work with so much and the environment I used to work in. What they say is definitely true, you don't know what you have until it's gone. I don't think Day Kimball MCH realizes how well they are funded and how many extras they have that we don't. Wow, it's weird to refer to my new place of employment as "we." Sometimes I think I'm still in mourning, not all the time, but some days it hits me harder than others. I wonder how long it will take before I start thinking of MRMC as "home." Moving on...

I think I'm going to start taking yoga again. I really enjoyed it when I was doing it, it's just a bit expensive. My goal is to take one spin class and one yoga class a week and, if I can swing it, a dance class, in addition to lifting weights 3X a week. But we'll see how that goes. Best laid plans you know.

No comments: