Sunday, October 4, 2009

It seems...

...that I am constantly apologizing for not blogging enough! I'm a bad blogger! And truthfully, I've just been lazy about it because we do have some interesting things going on recently. To start, we have really been working a lot lately, Al more so than I. He is sitting at the computer as we speak, at 11 pm on a Sunday night. You've got to love his dedication! It better be reflected in his next pay raise, that's for sure!

Work for me has been steady. Two of my nurse friends and I delivered a baby the other night because the provider didn't make it in time for the delivery. It was really cool! I have to say though, I was pretty grumpy at first because the provider was somewhat rude to me. Then I found out she was being rude to everyone. So it was OK. :-P And I got over it. I still take some things too personally, and it's something I'm working on. No one likes someone who is oversensitive and moody!

We scheduled a meeting with a draftsman to put our house design into workable drawings, something the town will approve. We are still moving forward very slowly with the house and we've accepted the fact that we won't break ground this year, but on the brighter side, it will give us a little more time to put some money away for things that crop up or furniture!! :-) We've been "playing house" lately anyway because Joan and Al are in the Dominican Republic taking care of business. It's been nice having the place to ourselves. Very liberating! But I do feel bad that we are enjoying ourselves at the expense of their happiness.

I started taking an intro to photography course when we returned from the cruise and it's been great. I'm learning a lot about my camera and more than once I've said, "Oh, if I knew then what I know now...!" I'm excited to keep learning about all this good stuff! I love it! I especially love taking pictures of people and kids! The building stuff bores the hell out of me. Here are a few pictures that I've taken recently that I'm proud of. They aren't great by any stretch, but I'm still learning!










I also purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 which is very similar to Adobe PSE C4 but not quite as complicated and not nearly as expensive but producing the same results. I have yet to dive into the program as I just bought a book and want to read through it to thoroughly understand it before I start fooling around with it. I want to know everything it is capable of before I start using it. So none of those photos have been retouched, they are straight out of the camera.
And I promise, I will try to be more vigilant about updating this thing!

No comments: